IMPORTANT ANNOUCEMENTS- PLEASE READ!
Reopening of Illinois High School Equivalency Testing Sites.
The Illinois Community College Board (ICCB) has announced the reopening of high school equivalency (HSE) testing centers in public-facing, private, and walk-in testing facilities beginning June 16, 2020. All test centers must follow the ICCB guidelines for safely reopening, available here.
Test takers can find additional information on each exam and testing policies here: https://www.iccb.org/adult_ed/illinois-high-school-equivalency/students-test-takers/
Suspension of the U.S. and Illinois State Constitution Test
Due to the COVID-19 virus and the limited access to testing, the Illinois Community College Board (ICCB) has approved the suspension of the administration of the U.S. and Illinois State Constitution and the Flag Test (“Constitution Test”) through December 31, 2021. During this period of time when testing is unavailable for the Constitution Test, to avoid undue hardship on test takers, the ICCB will award the Illinois High School Equivalency (HSE) Certification upon successful completion and passage of the GED® or HiSET® exam. This policy is effective February 1, 2021 through December 31, 2021.
The suspension of the Constitution Test requirement means:
- Anyone who completes and passes an ICCB-approved high school equivalency exam (GED® or HiSET®) based on the State of Illinois requirements between February 1, 2021 and December 31, 2021 will be issued an Illinois High School Equivalency (ILHSE) Certificate.
- Anyone who completed and passed a high school equivalency exam (GED®, HiSET®, or TASC™) but did not pass the constitution test prior to February 1, 2021, will be issued an Illinois High School Equivalency (ILHSE) Certificate upon request.
High school equivalency records are held at the county level in Illinois. To request copies of an official transcript or Illinois High School Equivalency Certificate, candidates must contact the Regional Office of Education for the county where the test was taken.
High school equivalency candidates may find the appropriate Regional Office of Education to contact by searching our ROE locator at: http://iccbdbsrv.iccb.org/roesearch/citysearch.cfm
If you have any questions, please contact the ICCB at: email@example.com
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: The Illinois Community College Board has approved two high school equivalency (HSE) exams for use in the State of Illinois. The GED® and HiSET® exams are both currently available in Illinois.
During 2016-2020, a third testing option, the TASC™ exam, was also available in the State of Illinois. As of January 1, 2021, the TASC™ exam is no longer offered within the State of Illinois.
If you are a TASC™ candidate who completed and passed all sections of the TASC™ test, your high school equivalency credential remains valid. If you are a TASC™ test taker who did not complete and pass all five sections of the TASC™ exam, you must start over with an alternate exam (GED® or HiSET®). Scores from the TASC™ exam cannot be combined with scores from the GED® or HiSET® exams.
If you have any questions regarding the discontinuation of the TASC™ test in Illinois, you may contact the Illinois Community College Board at firstname.lastname@example.org or the TASC Test Help Desk at TASCTestHelpdesk@datarecognitioncorp.com.
Click on a link below or a menu item above for more details.
- About the 2014 GED® Test
- About the HiSET Exam
- About the TASC Test (No longer available as of December 31, 2020)
- United States and State of Illinois Constitution Test
- Illinois High School Equivalency Certificates & GED Transcripts
- Contact Information
- Resources (Links to: GED Testing Service, i-Pathways Curriculum, ROE locator, GED Testing Payment Vouchers and Transcript Requests for Military and FBOP Testers and Testers from Other States)